Nikon D500 DSLR Camera with 16-80mm Lens 1560 [Import Model]
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 3.2 2 539k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
- Native ISO 51200 Extend to ISO 1640000
- 10 fps Shooting for Up to 200 Frames
- Built-In Wi-Fi Bluetooth and NFC
- In-Camera Time Lapse Up to 9999 Frames
- DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
As the flagship model within Nikons DX-format DSLR line the D500 is characterized by its robust physical construction apt imaging capabilities and of course a more compact sleek form factor than its FX brethren. Revolving around a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5 image processor this camera appeals to both still and video shooters with its fast 10 fps continuous shooting rate and 4K UHD video recording abilities. The sensor and processor also combine to avail a native sensitivity range up to ISO 51200 which can be further expanded to ISO 1640000 for working in dark and difficult lighting conditions. Benefitting the fast shooting performance the D500 is also characterized by its expansive Multi-CAM 20K 153-point AF system which features 99 cross-type points for fast performance and accurate subject tracking capabilities. While sleek in stature the D500 is by no means slim on functionality and versatility.
Besides the imaging assets this advanced DSLR also features an impressive handling design that incorporates a 3.2 2.36m-dot tilting LCD touchscreen which affords a comfortable means for working from high and low angles. An updated version of SnapBridge is also featured which provides Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC as well as Bluetooth Low Energy technology for linking your mobile device for wireless image sharing. In addition to the convenience features the D500 is housed within a durable magnesium alloy chassis that is both dust- and weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions and harsh environments.
Included with the camera body is the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR lens which provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range. In addition to the bright maximum aperture range of f/2.8-4 which avails greater control over selective focus and enhanced low-light shooting capabilities this DX-dedicated zoom also features 4-stop-effective VR with Sports Mode and a Silent Wave Motor for quick AF speeds. The optical design contains three aspherical elements and four extra-low dispersion glass elements for reduced chromatic and spherical aberrations and controlled distortion throughout the zoom range as well as both Super Integrated and Nano Crystal Coatings to minimize flare and ghosting. Additionally this zoom also sports fluorine-coated front and rear elements to guard against smudging moisture and dirt.
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- The DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor is paired with the EXPEED 5 image processor to provide an esteemed mixture of high sensitivity nuanced image quality and fast overall performance. At native values a sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 permits working in a broad array of lighting conditions an can be further expanded to ISO 50-1640000 (Lo 1 to Hi 5) to handle the most challenging of situations. The mixture of resolution and sensor size also contributes to clean image quality and smooth color transitions with reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range.
In addition to benefitting image quality the EXPEED 5 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system including a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps with full-time autofocus and exposure metering. Up to 200 frames can be recorded in a single burst even when shooting 14-bit lossless compressed NEF files. Additionally slower continuous shooting rates are available as well as a Quiet Continuous Mode for shooting 3 fps in noise-sensitivity areas.
- 4K UHD Video Recording
- Capable of recording more than just stills the D500 supports 4K UHD video recording at 30 25 and 24 fps frame rates and Full HD/HD recording at up to 60 fps along with the ability to save movie files to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file to an optional external recorder via HDMI out. For maintained quality and versatility in how your movies look three image area options are available:
- 4K UHD movie image format is an area that provides a 1.5x increase in the effective focal length of the lens in use and is reserved for 4K 3840 x 2160 recording.
- 1.3x-based movie image area provides a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor and is used for recording FULL HD and HD video.
- DX-based movie image format utilizes the full width of the DX-format sensor and is used to record Full HD 1920 x 1080 and HD 1280 x 720 video. This setting is well-suited for shallow depth of field effects and provides the widest field of view.
As with still shooting the wide range of sensitivities is available for recording in low- and bright-light conditions ranging from expanded ISO 100-1640000 and sensitivity values are manually adjustable via the dedicated movie-shooting menu. Also a video-optimized Flat Picture Control mode can be used during recording to flatten the overall contrast curve for more control during post-production and color grading.
Benefitting handheld shooting an Electronic Vibration Reduction feature can be used during Full HD and HD recording which minimizes the appearance of camera shake across three axes to control horizontal vertical and rotational movements. Additionally Active D-Lighting can also be employed during Full HD/HD shooting to preserve highlight and shadow detail when working in high-contrast situations.
In regard to handling a dedicated power aperture button (Pv) makes it possible to achieve smooth continuous exposure transitions when switching from light to dark areas and Auto ISO can also be used to maintain consistent brightness when working in changing light situations. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality. Regardless if using the in-camera mic or an external mic audio levels can be adjusted in 20 increments and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack which afford 30 different volume levels for playback.
In addition to straight movie recording time-lapse recording for up to 9999 consecutive frames shot over the course of up to one week is also possible with up to 4K UHD/30p output from the camera.
- 153-Point Multi-CAM 20K Autofocus System
- Matching the speed and imaging capabilities is the apt Multi-CAM 20K AF system which features 153 total phase-detection points including 99 cross-type sensors for improved subject recognition and 55 of the points are selectable for greater compositional freedom. Benefitting the use of super telephoto lenses and
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
- EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery (1900mAh)
- MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery
- DK-17F Fluorine Coated Finder Eyepiece for D500 DSLR
- UC-E22 USB 3.0 Cable
- USB Cable Clip
- HDMI Cable Clip
- AN-DC17 Replacement Camera Strap for D500 DSLR
- BF-1B Body Cap
Unless otherwise specified, all products we sell are brand new; however, we are not an authorized Nikon dealer and therefore can also offer you, the consumer, a lower price as we do not have to adhere to MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). We carry both USA as well as imported Nikon products. On the item description page, if you find a statement there stating that the item is directly imported by seller or is an Import Model, it means that the item may have been imported by us and that it may or may not have been originally intended for sale in the U.S.
All of the original accessories provided in the manufacturer’s box are original Nikon accessories, and ready to operate plus a third-party AC adapter and/or battery charger (if needed). Depending on the country of origin, international versions of a product may differ from domestic versions in certain ways including, without limitation, their packaging (which may include important product information), charger, AC adapters, printed manual, and manufacturer warranty. Please note that if you purchase a “body only“ offer, it may arrive in an original Nikon box from which other parts such as the lens may have been removed. If you purchased a Nikon lens only, it is a new Nikon lens, but the product may or may not be delivered in manufacturer packaging. The product may or may not include the original manual, but access to an English product manual should be available via the internet. A 1-Year warranty is provided via 6th Avenue Electronics. Import items may not be eligible for a manufacturer warranty in the USA. Import models may not be eligible for services from the manufacturer or its affiliates. For example, because UPC or other tracking codes may differ from U.S. versions, you may not be notified of or eligible for any product recalls, upgrades, or rebates, and you may not receive other notifications.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the product you will be receiving.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera with FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens ILCE7M2K/B [Import Model]