Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black) 1522 [Import Model]
-24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
-EXPEED 4 Image Processor
-No Optical Low-Pass Filter
-3.2 1 037k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
-Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
-Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-Point AF Sensor
-Native ISO 12800 Extended to ISO 25600
-5 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
-Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
-DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens
The black Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera features a DX-format 24.2 megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a fast continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. The sensor design omits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain the utmost sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos. Complementing the imaging assets are both a versatile 39-point autofocus system with nine cross-type sensors and a 2 016-pixel RGB sensor for precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Additionally 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps with full-time continuous auto focusing capabilities.
The compact yet durably designed camera body incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2 1 037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor which features a 180° swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. Also integrated into the D5300 are both Wi-Fi and GPS modules which enable advanced image sharing capabilities as well as location-based image tagging. When paired with an Android or iOS mobile device remote viewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance and a vast network of pre-populated Points of Interest adds to the overall geotagging functionality.
For creatively enhancing the look and feel of imagery in-camera a wide range of Picture Control modes Scene Modes and Special Effects modes are available as well as a host of in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting modes can also be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range of apparent tones.
Included with the D5300 camera body is the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens; a standard zoom providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. This lens incorporates a robust VR image stabilization system which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit working in low-light conditions. A Super Integrated Coating reduces flare and ghosting to optimize image clarity contrast and color neutrality and a rounded seven-blade diaphragm works to create a pleasing out-of-focus quality in shallow depth of field images.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail dynamic range color accuracy and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 12800 which is further expandable to ISO 25600. Additionally the sensors design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount of sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system including support for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
- Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points including nine cross-type sensors to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2 016-pixel RGB sensor typically reserved for exposure metering in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matters when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9 21 or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF 3D-tracking and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view for either still or movie shooting a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF Wide-area AF Normal-area AF and Subject-tracking AF.
- Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities the D5300 features built-in Wi-Fi and GPS modules to enable seamless transferring of imagery as well as geotagging functionality. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card select images and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
The integrated GPS functionality can be used to assign locational data to all image files for geotagging purposes and for plotting imagery to an interactive map. Points of Interest can also be found using this information to further aid in efficient location-based tagging.
- Body Design
- Even while maintaining an overall compact form-factor the D5300 integrates a large 3.2 1 037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor which features a 180° swivel design to better suit working from high low and front-facing angles. Alternatively a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikons i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used too for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene including brightness contrast subject distance and the scene colors to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure white balance i-TTL flash settings and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60 30 25 and 24 fps frame rates as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording full-time autofocus can be employed with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sWhat's In The Box?
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens
- EN-EL14A Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select Nikon Cameras
- MH-24 Quick Charger for EN-EL14 Battery
- EG-CP16 Nikon Audio/Video Cable
- UC-E17 USB Cable
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap (Black)
- DK-5 Eyepiece Shield (Replacement)
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover
- Nikon View NX2 Software CD-ROM
Unless otherwise specified, all products we sell are brand new; however, we are not an authorized Nikon dealer and therefore can also offer you, the consumer, a lower price as we do not have to adhere to MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). We carry both USA as well as imported Nikon products. On the item description page, if you find a statement there stating that the item is directly imported by seller or is an Import Model, it means that the item may have been imported by us and that it may or may not have been originally intended for sale in the U.S.
All of the original accessories provided in the manufacturer’s box are original Nikon accessories, and ready to operate plus a third-party AC adapter and/or battery charger (if needed). Depending on the country of origin, international versions of a product may differ from domestic versions in certain ways including, without limitation, their packaging (which may include important product information), charger, AC adapters, printed manual, and manufacturer warranty. Please note that if you purchase a “body only“ offer, it may arrive in an original Nikon box from which other parts such as the lens may have been removed. If you purchased a Nikon lens only, it is a new Nikon lens, but the product may or may not be delivered in manufacturer packaging. The product may or may not include the original manual, but access to an English product manual should be available via the internet. A 1-Year warranty is provided via 6th Avenue Electronics. Import items may not be eligible for a manufacturer warranty in the USA. Import models may not be eligible for services from the manufacturer or its affiliates. For example, because UPC or other tracking codes may differ from U.S. versions, you may not be notified of or eligible for any product recalls, upgrades, or rebates, and you may not receive other notifications.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the product you will be receiving.