Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Digital Camera DMC-FZ300K
-12.1MP 1/2.3 MOS Sensor
-Venus Engine Image Processor
-Leica DC Vario-Elmarit f/2.8 Lens
-25-600mm (35mm Equivalent)
-1.44m-Dot 0.7x OLED EVF
-3.0 1.04m-Dot Free Angle Touchscreen
-4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
-Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
-ISO 6400 12 fps Shooting 4K Photo Mode
-5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ DFD AF System
Blending an all-in one zoom 4K video recording and versatile still shooting capabilities the Lumix DMC-FZ300 from Panasonic is a multi-faceted point-and-shoot optimized for the multimedia image maker. Featuring a 12.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor the FZ300 is capable of recording up to 60 fps with an electronic shutter 12 fps with a mechanical shutter or 30 fps using the unique 4K Photo Modes. Working in low-light is benefitted by a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 along with 5-axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ image stabilization to minimize camera shake during HD video recording. The 24x Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens covers a 25-600mm equivalent focal length range and has a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent performance from wide-angle to super telephoto. For composing imagery configuring shooting settings and reviewing your photos and movies a large 3.0 1.04m-dot free angle touchscreen LCD is available as well as a 1.44m-dot OLED Live View Finder for eye-level monitoring. Able to handle nearly any image-related task the FZ300 is a versatile camera well-suited to advanced photo and movie recording applications.
The body design features an ergonomic right-hand grip for added support when working with longer focal lengths as well as a dust- and splash-proof construction to suit working in inclement conditions. Benefitting both stills and movies Panasonics DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) AF system helps to quicken focusing speeds while a Starlight AF feature maintains focusing accuracy in low-light conditions. And benefitting both sharing and shooting control Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from smartphones and tablets.
- 12.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- A 12.1MP 1/2.3 High-Sensitivity MOS sensor pairs with the Venus Engine image processor to deliver fast overall performance and notable image quality to suit working in a wide variety of conditions. The sensor and processor combination help to compensate for diffraction to realize sharper clearer imagery at smaller apertures as well as a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 to suit working in difficult lighting conditions. This processing engine also contributes to a fast 12 fps shooting rate at full-resolution with the mechanical shutter 60 fps shooting with an electronic shutter and 30 fps shooting at 8MP using the 4K Photo modes.
- 4K UHD Video Recording
- In addition to the versatile still shooting modes the FZ300 also supports recording 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video with either 30p or 24p frames rates at 100 Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported as well as slow-motion 720p/120 and 480p/240 recording settings.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used during recordings or an optional external microphone can be utilized via the 3.5mm jack for even clearer sound.
- 4K Photo Modes
- Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec. making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is suitable for times when youre unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process and allows you to playback your video pause at the chosen moment and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 24x Zoom Lens
- The built-in Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens offers a truly expansive 24x wide-angle to super telephoto range of perspectives with a 25-600mm equivalent focal length. A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions especially at the longer focal lengths. Five aspherical elements with a total of nine aspherical surfaces as well as three extra-low dispersion elements help to control chromatic aberrations and produce sharp clear imagery while a Nano Surface Coating helps to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast.
The lens already impressive optical zoom range can be effectively doubled through the use of Intelligent Zoom to achieve a total magnification of 48x. Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) settings are also available which crop into the image to generate a narrower field of view in order to produce 29.4x and 46.9x zoom magnifications at 8MP and 3MP resolutions respectively. Standard digital zoom can be applied as well to again increase the effective zoom range by 4x.
- 5-Axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilization+ and Level Shot
- Helping to compensate for camera shake when recording HD movies 5-axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ is an advanced image stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of blur when shooting one-handed video. It corrects for five types of camera shake that commonly affect more dynamic movement types that occur while moving when recording.
Also benefitting from the image stabilization system a Level Shot Function detects the horizon line within scenes and helps to keep it level even if the camera is tilted.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A 0.39 OLED Live View Finder features has an impressive 1.44m-dot resolution 0.7x magnification and 10 000:1 contrast ratio. An eye sensor is also incorporated into its design to activate the EVF and deactivate the rear LCD during use.
- A larger means for image composition and playback the 3.0 1.04m-dot rear OLED monitor has a free angle tilt and swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- The FZ300 features a durable design that incorporates extensive sealing at each joint dial and button to render it both splash- and dust-proof.
- The ergonomic body design features a large right-hand grip rear and side dials for shutter speed and aperture settings control and four assignable function buttons for quick access to your most frequently used settings. Additionally the lens features a two-speed zoom design and a left-handed lever for balanced overall handling.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the FZ300 with smartphones or tablets running the Panasonic Image App for wireless image transferring and remote camera control.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap
- Lens Cap String
- Shoulder Strap
- Software DVD-ROM
Unless otherwise specified, all products we sell are brand new; however, we are not an authorized Panasonic dealer and therefore can also offer you, the consumer, a lower price as we do not have to adhere to MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). We carry both USA as well as imported Panasonic products. On the item description page, if you find a statement there stating that the item is directly imported by seller or is an Import Model, it means that the item may have been imported by us and that it may or may not have been originally intended for sale in the U.S.
All of the original accessories provided in the manufacturer’s box are original Panasonic accessories, and ready to operate plus a third-party AC adapter and/or battery charger (if needed). Depending on the country of origin, international versions of a product may differ from domestic versions in certain ways including, without limitation, their packaging (which may include important product information), charger, AC adapters, printed manual, and manufacturer warranty. Please note that if you purchase a “body only“ offer, it may arrive in an original Panasonic box from which other parts such as the lens may have been removed. If you purchased a Panasonic lens only, it is a new Panasonic lens, but the product may or may not be delivered in manufacturer packaging. The product may or may not include the original manual, but access to an English product manual should be available via the internet. A 1-Year warranty is provided via 6th Avenue Electronics. Import items may not be eligible for a manufacturer warranty in the USA. Import models may not be eligible for services from the manufacturer or its affiliates. For example, because UPC or other tracking codes may differ from U.S. versions, you may not be notified of or eligible for any product recalls, upgrades, or rebates, and you may not receive other notifications.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the product you will be receiving.