Pentax K-70 DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens (Black) 16256
-24.24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
-PRIME MII Image Processor
-Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
-3.0 921k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
-Full HD 1080i Video at 60 fps
-SAFOX X 11-Point AF with 9 Cross Sensors
-ISO 100-204800 Up to 6 fps Shooting
-Built-In Wi-Fi Compatible with O-GPS1
-Shake Reduction & Pixel Shift Resolution
-DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL DC WR Lens
Combining an advanced feature-set with a compact form factor the black Pentax K-70 is a sleek DSLR characterized by its multimedia capabilities penchant for low-light shooting and durable construction. Revolving around a 24.24MP APS-C CMOS sensor and PRIME MII image processor this camera is capable of continuous stills shooting up to 6 fps and Full HD 1080p video recording and has a broad sensitivity range up to ISO 204800. The sensors design also omits an anti-aliasing filter in order to gain greater sharpness and resolution but benefits from a unique Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter function that vibrates the sensor itself in order to mimic the moiré-reducing effects of a filter. The sensor-shift mechanism also enables Shake Reduction image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake and Pixel Shift Resolution to composite sequential exposures in order to gain increased detail and resolution.
Complementing the imaging capabilities the K-70 is equally refined in regard to handling and design and features a dust- freeze- and weather-resistant construction for working in trying conditions. A large 3.0 921k-dot LCD is available and features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and a unique Night Vision setting can be used to produce a red-colored display in order to maintain night-adjusted vision when working in dark settings. Additionally built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a mobile device and the K-70 is also compatible with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Module for geotagging and AstroTracer functions.
Included with the camera body is the smc Pentax DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR lens which provides a 27.5-207mm equivalent focal length range covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a broad variety of situations. The lens construction integrates aspherical elements to help minimize spherical aberration as well as improve image sharpness. An SP (Super Protect) coating has also been applied to elements to help repel dust water and grease and the lens body is built to the same weather-resistant standards as the K-70 for use in inclement conditions.
- 24.24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and PRIME MII Image Processor
- A 24.24MP APS-C CMOS sensor pairs with the PRIME MII image processor to realize clean high-resolution still image quality a sensitivity range of ISO 100-204800 and the ability to record Full HD 1080p video. The processor and sensor combination also affords a range of continuous shooting capabilities including a 6 fps shooting rate for up to 40 consecutive JPEGs 10 raw/DNG frames or 8 raw+JPEG exposures.
- Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter
- A unique and innovative mechanism allows you to toggle an anti-aliasing filter effect either on or off providing support for both the high-resolution abilities of a filter-less design as well as advanced moiré protection. With the filter in the Off position the camera is more prone to acquiring maximum sharpness resolution and detail from an image for the highest attainable image quality. When the filter position is set to either Type1 or Type2 an anti-aliasing simulator applies microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit during exposure; working to create the same effect as an optical anti-aliasing filter. Having both options available extends the cameras versatility and allows personalized selection of the benefits best-suited to individual applications. Additionally AA filter simulation settings can also be bracketed for times when the likelihood of moiré is unknown.
- Sensor-Shift Type Shake Reduction and Pixel Shift Resolution
- In-camera sensor-shift type Shake Reduction (SR) works to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting with any mounted lens. This is ideal for working in low-light conditions or with longer lenses and since the image stabilization is located within the body both past legacy lenses as well as current Pentax lenses receive the benefits of SR.
The sensor-shift image stabilization goes on to benefit other camera functions including the AA Filter Simulator function as well as Pixel Shift Resolution and Diffraction Correction. Pixel Shift Resolution technology composites sequentially recorded stills while shifting the image sensor in one pixel increments in each direction after each exposure in order to increase the effective resolving power reduce noise and achieve a more refined color palette. This mode is further enhanced with Motion Correction which makes it possible to photograph moving subjects without artifacting or ghosting while still reaping the high-resolution benefits of Pixel Shift Resolution. Similarly a Diffraction Correction function minimizes the effects of diffraction and other aberrations common to working with smaller aperture sizes. This technology is possible due to the heightened processing capabilities of the PRIME MII engine and can also be applied to imagery during in-camera raw file development.
- SAFOX X Autofocus System
- The SAFOX X autofocus system employs 11 distinct phase-detection points including 9 cross-type sensors in the center to quickly and accurately acquire focus on subjects in a variety of lighting conditions down to -3 EV. Also benefitting autofocus performance the 77-segment exposure metering sensor light source sensor and AF assist light help to further refine the focusing accuracy despite working in challenging situations.
When shooting video or working in live view a Hybrid AF system is employed that blends both on-sensor phase-detection and contrast-detection focusing methods for quick and accurate results. Face Detection Tracking and selectable AF points are also available for refined control along with focus peaking to benefit manual focus operation.
- Full HD 1080p Video and 4K Interval Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording is supported in multiple frame rates including 60i 50i 30p 25p and 24p in the high-quality H.264 format. HD 1280 x 720 video is also supported in 60p and 50p frame rates. Audio can be recorded along with video using the built-in stereo microphone or additionally a 3.5mm microphone terminal is available for use of an external mic.
Beyond standard movie recording an interval timer can also be used for making time-lapse sequences which can be saved simply as stills or files can be recorded at 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and compiled into a Motion JPEG file for seamless playback. The interval timer allows you to record up to 2 000 consecutive frames with an interval of 2 seconds to 24 hours between each frame and a 2 second to 24 hour time delay available.
- SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-Li109 for The KR Digital SLR Camera
- D-BC109 Battery Charger
- AC Cord for K7 Digital SLR Camera
- S-SW168 Software
- O-ST132 Strap for Pentax K-5 II DSLR
- Eyecup FR for K7 Digital SLR Camera (replacement)
- Hotshoe Cover FK
- SLR Body Mount Cover
Item and components, e.g. lens and other accessories, may be boxed independently. Camera body may be a retail kit box and or have the lens removed. Please note: 6Ave.com is not an authorized dealer and warranty may not be available. The item described above is covered by a one (1) year warranty via 6ave.com. Terms and conditions may apply, please contact CustomerCare@6ave.com for questions, concerns, or additional information.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed