Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) ILCE7RM2/B [Import Model]
-42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
-BIONZ X Image Processor
-Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log2 Gamma
-5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
-399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
-0.5 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
-3.0 1 228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
-ISO 102 400 and Silent Shutter Mode
-Durable Reduced-Vibration Shutter Design
-Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
With a worlds first full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R back-illuminated structure CMOS sensor the Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony is prepared to take mirrorless imaging to another level. This sensor design both improves low-light operation and speeds up data throughout enabling fast high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording. Working with the BIONZ X image processor these images can be produced at sensitivities up to ISO 102 400 and at a continuous 5 fps shooting rate. Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization has also been implemented compensating for vertical horizontal pitch yaw and roll movements.
Speed has received a major boost with a 40% increase in speed over its predecessor. The AF system received its own massive upgrade with the use of 399 phase-detect points and 25 contrast-detect points for a speedy Fast Hybrid AF system which will offer extremely accurate tracking. The phase-detection points even extend to A-mount lenses when used with the LA-EA1 and LA-EA3 adapter.
Designed to last the updated magnesium alloy body has improved weather sealing and a robust lens mount for working with large lenses. Also the shutter has a reduced-vibration design cutting down shutter vibrations by about 50%. Also it now uses an electronic front curtain shutter and is rated for 500 000 cycles. Silent shooting is also available for a quiet shooting experience when needed.
Onto video the major addition is internal UHD 4K 3840 x 2160p recording at 30 or 24 fps with the XAVC S format at 100 Mbps. This is possible using either the Super 35 crop mode with no pixel binning or the full-frame readout. Full HD 1920 x 1080p is still readily available at up to 60 fps and HD 1280 x 720p is possible at up to 120 fps. Additionally the a7R II benefits from the inclusion of the S-Log2 Gamma and S-Gamut settings as well as fully customizable picture profiles.
Composing and reviewing your images as you work is handled with either the 0.5 2.36M-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder or the 3.0 1 228.8k-dot tilting LCD monitor. The viewfinder offers 0.78x magnification and a 4-lens system with double-sided aspherical elements for comfortable viewing. The monitor helps in odd positions by tilting up 107° and down 41°. And to stay connected the a7R II packs in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for remote operation and transfer of images to a smartphone tablet or computer.
- 42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
- The worlds first back-illuminated full-frame sensor the 42.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor present in the a7R II works with the BIONZ X image processor to offer high-resolution stills and video while minimizing noise and improving speed. This sensor structure works with gapless on-chip lens design and an anti-reflection coating as well as eliminating the optical low-pass filter to improve light collection and enhance detail. Also the copper wiring layer dramatically improves data transmission speed for creating high-resolution 42.4-megapixel stills at sensitivities up to ISO 102 400. Also it enables internal UHD 4K video recording with a wide dynamic range using the full-frame sensor.
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- Packed into the svelte a7R II is a 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system. This compensates for five types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of still images and video. This allows users to confidently use any lens even adapted lenses for critical imaging without encountering blur from camera shake. This system will compensate for approximately 4.5 stops of shutter speed for working with a huge variety of subjects.
For long focal lengths the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high magnification imagery on the other hand will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. And all shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
When using lenses that do not transmit imaging data to the camera manual settings can be used to input the correct focal length and ensure proper stabilization. Also the viewfinder can be used to preview the amount of compensation by pressing the shutter release button halfway or magnifying the image.
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 Phase-Detect Points
- Lock onto your subjects quickly and without hesitation thanks to the revamped Fast Hybrid AF packed into the a7R II. It uses 399 on-sensor phase-detect AF points with 45% coverage along with 25 contrast-detect AF points in order to improve the speed accuracy and tracking performance of the system. Faster readout thanks to the back-illuminated sensor structure also allows for tracking while shooting at the top continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. This can be captured in a burst of up to 24 frames when shooting in JPEG Fine L format at 42 MP and a continuous AF Display allows users to view the active AF points.
Another feature available with this AF system is a Lock-on AF tracking that will analyze more information from the scene to provide dramatically improved accuracy and stability. Eye AF is also available which will prioritize a subjects pupil for excellent portraits even with a shallow depth of field.
- UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- In addition to the first BSI full-frame sensor the a7R II is the first full-frame camera to offer internal UHD 4K video recording at 30 or 24 fps. This is possible using either the full-frame sensor or the Super 35 format which uses oversampling with full pixel readout and no pixel binning. This limits moire and aliasing common with high-resolution sensors. Video recording also benefits from live tracking thanks to the 399 phase-detection AF points present in the Fast Hybrid AF system. An additional benefit of this camera is the ability to switch back and forth between NTSC and PAL operation for worldwide use.
When recording internally users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit however to even further improve image quality the a7R II has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
- Timecode and User Bit Settings
- The a7R II has multiple timecode recording options to meet different workflows. It has the standard Record Run mode that only advances the timecode when recording as well as Free Run timecode that advances the timecode even when not recording which can be great for syncing multiple cameras at live events. It can also record timecode in both drop frame and non-drop frame modes. When recording internally the a7R II is
- 2 x NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1020mAh)
- AC-UUD11 AC Battery Charging Adaptor
- BC-VW1 AC Charger for W Series Battery
- Shoulder Strap
- ALC-B1EM Body Cap for NEX Cameras
- Multi Interface Shoe Cap
- Cable Protector
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro-USB Cable
Unless otherwise specified, all products we sell are brand new; however, we are not an authorized Sony dealer and therefore can also offer you, the consumer, a lower price as we do not have to adhere to MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). We carry both USA as well as imported Sony products. On the item description page, if you find a statement there stating that the item is directly imported by seller or is an Import Model, it means that the item may have been imported by us and that it may or may not have been originally intended for sale in the U.S.
All of the original accessories provided in the manufacturer’s box are original Sony accessories, and ready to operate plus a third-party AC adapter and/or battery charger (if needed). Depending on the country of origin, international versions of a product may differ from domestic versions in certain ways including, without limitation, their packaging (which may include important product information), charger, AC adapters, printed manual, and manufacturer warranty. Please note that if you purchase a “body only“ offer, it may arrive in an original Sony box from which other parts such as the lens may have been removed. If you purchased a Sony lens only, it is a new Sony lens, but the product may or may not be delivered in manufacturer packaging. The product may or may not include the original manual, but access to an English product manual should be available via the internet. A 1-Year warranty is provided via 6th Avenue Electronics. Import items may not be eligible for a manufacturer warranty in the USA. Import models may not be eligible for services from the manufacturer or its affiliates. For example, because UPC or other tracking codes may differ from U.S. versions, you may not be notified of or eligible for any product recalls, upgrades, or rebates, and you may not receive other notifications.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the product you will be receiving.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera with FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens ILCE7M2K/B [Import Model]